Apple just released the iOS 14.5 update over the stable channel. Almost all of the features that come with the latest update were already documented during the beta test phase. In case you missed the coverage, here’s a quick rundown of all the new features in iOS 14.5:
Therefore, Apple was criticized for the unlocking mechanism on iPhones because Face ID just didn’t work with masks. Thanks to iOS 14.5, there is now a way to avoid the hassle of how Users can now unlock their iPhone with an Apple Watch. However, you need an iPhone X or a later model with Face ID and the Apple Watch Series 3 or a successor to use the function.
One of the biggest changes in iOS 14.5 is the transparency of app trackingThis makes it mandatory for apps to get explicit permissions from users to keep track of them. Users can choose to see personalized ads and track their activity. The update also adds support for the AirTag object tracker that Apple launched earlier this month.
in addition, Dual SIM 5G support for the iPhone 12 series phones is finally here. With iOS 14.5, Siri now lets you choose from a total of four voices. Thanks to Neural Text to Speech technology, this now sounds more natural. In addition, the AI assistant can also start FaceTime video calls in groups and has support for announcing incoming calls via compatible audio devices such as AirPods and Beats headphones.
Additionally, Apple Maps now allows users to report an accident, speed check, and hazards they encounter while traveling. With navigation mode enabled on the iPhone or CarPlay, users can simply call Siri and say relevant voice commands like “Hey Siri, a crash is imminent”. Users can also run reporting manually with the new feature To report a problem Function in cards.
Below are some other changes introduced by iOS 14.5:
* Apple Podcasts get redesigned Show Pages to make them easier to listen to, plus an option to save and download episodes so they are automatically added to the library for quick access. The top charts, categories, and curated collections on the Search tab help listeners discover new shows.
* Apple News has a redesigned News + tab that makes it easier for subscribers to quickly find, download, and manage magazine and newspaper issues. A brand new search function helps all Apple News users find relevant topics, channels and articles.
* Apple Fitness + users can now stream audio and video to AirPlay 2-enabled TVs and devices.
* Reminders offers the ability to sort by title, priority, due date, or creation date, and the ability to print reminder lists.
* Voice control for accessibility gives users complete navigation with just their voice. Now, English support is being expanded to Australia and Canada, and support for Spanish is being added in Mexico, Spain, and the United States.